Wednesday, December 2, 2009



Jimmy Choo’s memories of Princess Diana as his shoe designs hit the mass market
Shoe designer Jimmy Choo has been sharing his memories of Princess Diana.
Jimmy who started out 25 years ago after he arrived in Britain recalls the part Diana, Princess of Wales played in his success. She first came across Choo in 1986, when he was cobbling two pairs a day from a studio in London’s East End.



“Lady Di helped me a lot,” he says. “She trusted me, and for the first seven years I was making shoes for her, I kept it quiet and nobody knew it was me. Even though she was a princess, she often wanted very simple things. She loved flat pumps, even though I always wanted to put her in sandals because she had the most perfect feet.

“She was always eager to exchange ideas, and she never said no to anything. When I started doing her evening shoes, everyone noticed and in those days anything she wore, people followed. She was wonderful and used to invite me to Kensington Palace at Christmas for champagne and mince pies.



“I made her last pair of shoes just before she died. Gold pumps. I was going to deliver them when she came back from her summer. I am sad I never could.”

Source : Daily Telegraph.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment